Skip to content
mer·can·tile: ˈmərkənˌtēl,ˈmərkənˌtīl/: noun. a general store. “we walked to the local mercantile”
The old mercantiles from many years ago carried a variety of items for the settlers…from basic necessities to the frivolous. Though years have passed and times have changed, Mackenzie Creek’s “modern mercantile” still holds to the mercantile tradition- offering a wide variety of items for the shopper to choose from.
Some of the items you’ll find at Mackenzie Creek;
- Seasonal Clothing for Women & Men (casual, sporty, outdoor and upscale)
- Outdoor Gear & Accessories (including outdoor shoes, hiking and snow boots, camping and hiking essentials, knives, flashlights, maps, bug spray, sunscreen etc…)
- Shoes for Women & Men (including, sandals, moccasins, hiking shoes & boots, snow boots and slippers)
- Accessories (including sunglasses, socks, gloves, Sakroot, Montana West and Sherpani handbags, wallets and belts)
- Lazy One Sleepwear for the whole family
- Kid’s Corner (including trinkets, toys, jellycat stuffed animals, coloring, hats, socks and baby clothes, water toys/floaties, flip flops)
- Sisters Logo Wear for Adults and Children
- Unique Gifts (jewelry, candles, soaps, jam, yard art, and many items handcrafted by local artisans)
- SOOOO MANY HATS (huge variety, for the whole family- we’ve even got Kentucky Derby hats for the ladies!)
Just a few of the major brands you’ll find at Mackenzie Creek;
- Columbia Sportswear
- Minnetonka Moccasins and Sandals
- Montana West
- Lazy One
- Basic Options
- Black Crater (locally made in Sisters, OR)
- Jess & Jane
It definitely IS worth a drive to Sisters, not just to stop by the Mercantile (we hope you do!), but to take a little time and visit all the wonderful shops Sisters has to offer- makes for a great afternoon!
Monday: 10:00 ~ 6:00 PM*
Tuesday: 10:00 ~ 6:00PM*
Wednesday: 10:00 ~ 6:00 PM*
Thursday: 10:00 ~ 6:00 PM*
Friday: 10:00 ~ 6:00 PM*
Saturday: 10:00 ~ 6:00 PM*
Sunday: 10:00 ~ 5:00 PM*
*Weather/Life permitting. We will post updates to our Facebook page for any delays or closures due to weather/unexpected changes.
Are you a dancer? Mackenzie Creek Mercantile is also home to “Peggy Sue’s Dance Store” which provides new and gently used dancewear, dance shoes, and accessories for both Women and Men for Ballroom Dancing. Visit Peggy Sue’s HERE.